Play relaxing music and give yourself a moment of pleasure :)
What You Can Do Now to Manage Anxiety and Feel Better
We recommend you doing this three CBT practices with proven efficiency every day to help manage stress anxiety.
Start counting down from 100 in 3s: 100...97...94...91...
At the same time, find a good rhythm and clap your hands as you count.
While your mind gets busy with counting and clapping, anxiety recedes. Your attention switches to the task at hand.
Did journaling help you with your thoughts? If so, try our FREE Anxiety Journal Template to practice it more effectively at any time.
3. Take 5 Minutes to Journal to Help Manage Disturbing Thoughts
Anxiety Journal exercises help you deal with anxiety by changing
the way you think about your anxious thoughts.
Write down the answers to the following 3 questions:
1. What situation caused your anxiety?
2. What's the thought that's bothering you right now? For example, "I'm going to fail my test" or "I'm not good enough."
3. Come up with a more positive, realistic alternative thought. For example, "I'm going to do my best on the test."
Refer to this new realistic thought when you're feeling anxious about it.
1. Count Down to Distract You From Negative Thoughts
2. Do a 10-minute Grounding Practice to Feel Calm and Connected to Your Body
Find a cozy space, take your shoes off, and leisurely walk around barefoot.
Walk consciously. Intently feel the sensations in your feet.Use your hands to touch surfaces around. Realize their forms and textures.
Stay focused and find pleasant sensations in this process. Averting your attention to your surroundings helps to manage anxiety and stress.