Play relaxing music and give yourself a moment of pleasure :)
What You Can Do Now to Manage Anxiety and Feel Better
We recommend you doing this three CBT practices with proven efficiency every day to help manage stress anxiety.
Sit quietly. Slow your breathing.
Look around you and notice things you can:
1. Perform a 5-minute Mindfulness Practice to Become More Present
5 things you can see
4 things you can touch
3 things you can hear
2 things you can smell
1 thing you can taste
2. Do a 10-minute Grounding Practice to Feel Calm and Connected to Your Body
Sit in a comfortable position. Get ready to tense your body from the bottom up. Breathe in and squeeze your feet tightly for 5 seconds. Breathe out and completely relax your feet.
Repeat the same tense and relaxation with your legs, belly, hands, arms, and back.
Your body is the primary source of your energy and joy. This practice reduces cortisol (the stress hormone) and helps to relax your body and mind.
Did journaling help you with your thoughts? If so, try our FREE Anxiety Journal Template to practice it more effectively at any time.
3. Take 5 Minutes to Journal to Help Manage Disturbing Thoughts
Anxiety Journal exercises help you deal with anxiety by changing the way you think about your anxious thoughts.
Write down the answers to the following 3 questions:
1. What situation caused your anxiety?
2. What's the thought that's bothering you right now? For example, "I'm going to fail my test" or "I'm not good enough."
3.Come up with a more positive, realistic alternative thought. For example, "I'm going to do my best on the test."
Refer to this new realistic thought when you're feeling anxious